Internet Service Providers | ISP in my Area Search for Internet Service by Zip Code
Find offers from Internet Service Providers for cable, dsl, fiber optic, satellite, and mobile broadband or dialup Internet providers based on your location. If you've searched for "Internet service providers in my area", enter your address and zip code to view ISP availability & pricing.
Internet Service Providers Blog
The Next Billion Internet Users: What Will They Look Like?
Since 2006, the number of internet users has nearly doubled. It makes us wonder what that means for the demographics or users and their experience on the web. You can access the internet from your phone, tablet, or computer, and … Continue reading →
Posted by Staff Writers
on 16 August 2013 | 4:56 pm
Battle of the (Social) Sexes
You’ve no doubt heard the old, oft-quoted adage, “men are from Mars, women are from Venus,” used to denote the fact that men and women may not always see completely eye to eye. While this light-hearted statement isn’t taken literally, … Continue reading →
Posted by Staff Writers
on 15 April 2013 | 5:07 pm
Internet Service Deals
If you're looking to save money on Internet service get a quick start by checking out some of today's best Internet service deals
Get Comcast download speeds up to 15Mbps plus 7 email accounts, and antivirus as low as $19.99 /month (for 6 months) with today's Comcast Internet Deals
Get high-Speed Internet from AT&T and choose any speed up to 6 Mbps for as low as $14.95 /mo (for 12 months) with today's AT&T Internet Deals
Get Qwest® Heavy Duty™ Internet Service, and choose any speed up to 40 Mbps as low as $19.99 /mo. (for 6 months) with today's Qwest Internet Deals
See all High Speed Internet Deals
Internet Bundle Deals
Save on Internet, phone, and TV when you bundle two or more services. Here are today's Internet bundle deals
The Charter Bundle® brings you home phone, TV, and high-speed Internet as low as $69.97 /month (for 12 months) with today's Charter Internet Deals
Qwest brings you high-speed Internet, DirecTV®, and home phone service all on a single monthly bill as low as $89.99 /mo. (for 6 months) with today's Qwest Internet Deals
Enjoy lightnign fast Internet, and superb picture quality with a FiOS® TV and Internet bundle plus phone as low as $99.99 /mo. (For one year. Plus taxes and fees) with today's Verizon Internet Deals
See all Internet Bundle Deals
Internet Service Definitions
This section was created to help you sort out, and understand the many terms you might find associated with Internet service taken from various sources around the web.
- High Speed Internet - typically any Internet connection that is not a 56 Kbps dialup connection.
- Dial-up Internet - uses a telephone line normally attached to a modem on a computer to access the Internet with slow 56 Kbps connection speeds.
- Kbps - is short for kilobits per second, a measure of data speed in bits with 1 Kbps being equal to 1000 bits.
- Mbps -is short for megabits per second, a measure of data speed in bits with 1 Mbps being equal to 1,000,000 bits.
- Gbps -is short for gigabits per second, a measure of data speed in bits with 1 Gbps being equal to 1,000,000,000 bits.
- Broadband Internet - an Internet connection which opperates in a wide band of frequencies resulting in faster than dialup (narrow band) connections.
- Download Speed - the rate at which data is transfered from a remote location to your local machine typically measured in Kbps, Mbps, or Gbps.
- Upload Speed - the rate at which data is transfered from your local machine to a remote location typically measured in Kbps, Mbps, or Gbps.
- Modem - short for modulator demodulator, is a device that encodes data for transfer over cable, telephone, or fiber optic wire.
- Internet Router - routes inbound, and outbound Internet data signals to, and from a single centralized access point.
- Wireless Router - is a router capable of exchanging / routing data signals wirelessly.
- Wireless Internet - an internet connection accessable over the air without the need for a hard wired connection to the local machine.
- Wireless Broadband - wireless high-speed Internet typically delivered over a cellular, or mobile network for use with smartphones, laptops, and other "mobile" devices.
- WiFi - an acronym for wireless fidelity, and typicall describes a Wireless Local Area Network.
- WiMax -is an acronym for Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access, a telecommunications technology, and succesor to Wi-Fi.
- Satellite Internet - high-speed Internet service delivered over satellite, and mainly used in rural areas where typical high-speed Internet connections are less available.
Internet Speed Test
About Our Services
We use a GEO location database to help you find Internet service providers in your area, so you get the most accurate price quotes available.
We are commited to helping consumers across the U.S. find the best Internet services at the best possible price.