Internet Service Providers | ISP in my Area Search for Internet Service by Zip Code
Find offers from Internet Service Providers for cable, dsl, fiber optic, satellite, and mobile broadband or dialup Internet providers based on your location. If you've searched for "Internet service providers in my area", enter your address and zip code to view ISP availability & pricing.
- What's New
- Internet Service Deals
- Bundle Deals
- Internet Definations
Since 2006, the number of internet users has nearly doubled. It makes us wonder what that means for the demographics or users and their experience on the web. You can access the internet from your phone, tablet, or computer, and each experience is different. What do the next billion internet users look like? Embed the …
You’ve no doubt heard the old, oft-quoted adage, “men are from Mars, women are from Venus,” used to denote the fact that men and women may not always see completely eye to eye. While this light-hearted statement isn’t taken literally, when it comes to the virtual world of Internet interactions, similar sentiments may be formed …
The Internet is vast, sprawling, always moving and always changing. At any given time, videos are being uploaded, pictures tagged, emails sent, and users joining any of the many social media platforms available. People are Googling questions, millions at a time, and clicking through various websites to find the answers. We’re shopping online, banking online, scheduling appointments online, …
If you're looking to save money on Internet service get a quick start by checking out some of today's best Internet service deals
- Fast, reliable, and secure high-speed Internet from the nation's largest broadband provider. Choose any speed starting at $14.95 /mo.
More from AT&T
- Get the right Internet speed at the right price delivered over Qwest's fiber optic network. Choose any speed for $19.99 /mo, plus free activation
More from Qwest
- Enjoy some of the fastest download speeds available over Comcast's advanced fiber optic network, plus extra features like up to 7 email accounts with 10 GB of storage, comprehesnsive security tools, and comcast.net to share photos, listen to music, play games, and shop online. Comcast High-Speed Internet as low as $19.99 /mo.
More from Comcast
Save on Internet, phone, and TV when you bundle two or more services. Here are today's Internet bundle deals
- Save a bundle when you order The Chart Bundle® with Charter TV, Charter Internet, and phone. The Charter Bundle® starting at $69.97 /mo.
More from Charter
- Get all three services from Qwest® including high-speed Internet, home phone, and DirecTV® satellite TV for one low bundled price. Qwest® Triple Play as low as $89.99 /mo.
More from Qwest
- Experience Verizon FiOS® Internet, and Verizon FiOS® TV over Verizon's fiber optic network, plus add home phone for the ultimate triple play. Verizon FiOS® Triple Play starting at $99.99 /mo
More from Verizon
This section was created to help you sort out, and understand the many terms you might find associated with Internet service taken from various sources around the web.
- High Speed Internet
- Typically any Internet connection that is not a 56 Kbps dialup connection.
- Dial-up Internet
- Uses a telephone line normally attached to a modem on a computer to access the Internet with slow 56 Kbps connection speeds.
- Is short for kilobits per second, a measure of data speed in bits with 1 Kbps being equal to 1000 bits.
- Is short for megabits per second, a measure of data speed in bits with 1 Mbps being equal to 1,000,000 bits.
- Is short for gigabits per second, a measure of data speed in bits with 1 Gbps being equal to 1,000,000,000 bits.
- Broadband Internet
- An Internet connection which opperates in a wide band of frequencies resulting in faster than dialup (narrow band) connections.
- Download Speed
- The rate at which data is transfered from a remote location to your local machine typically measured in Kbps, Mbps, or Gbps.
- Upload Speed
- The rate at which data is transfered from your local machine to a remote location typically measured in Kbps, Mbps, or Gbps.
- Short for modulator demodulator, is a device that encodes data for transfer over cable, telephone, or fiber optic wire.
- Internet Router
- Routes inbound, and outbound Internet data signals to, and from a single centralized access point.
- Wireless Router
- Is a router capable of exchanging / routing data signals wirelessly.
- Wireless Internet
- An internet connection accessable over the air without the need for a hard wired connection to the local machine.
- Wireless Broadband
- Wireless high-speed Internet typically delivered over a cellular, or mobile network for use with smartphones, laptops, and other "mobile" devices.
- An acronym for wireless fidelity, and typicall describes a Wireless Local Area Network.
- Is an acronym for Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access, a telecommunications technology, and succesor to Wi-Fi.
- Satellite Internet
- High-speed Internet service delivered over satellite, and mainly used in rural areas where typical high-speed Internet connections are less available.